Updated 07/22/2010 05:00 AM
Recipe: Southwestern Style Corn and Zucchini
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
6-8 as a side
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, deseeded and minced
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from cobs (approx. 3 cups corn)
- 2 small-medium zucchini diced (remove core first…especially if it is soft and seed filled)
- Olive oil for sauteing
- Salt to taste
- Approx. 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- Limejuice to taste
Use a large, heavy bottomed pan with a splash of olive oil to saute a small diced onion and minced clove of garlic until they soften up a bit.
Then sprinkle in a little ground cumin, if you're using it, and add 1 small...or 1/2 large, deseeded and minced jalapeno pepper and then add the corn and the diced zucchini.
Keep those going along like that for 4-5 minutes then season with salt to taste and add a handful of chopped cilantro and a handful of sliced grape tomatoes, squeeze some limejuice into the mix, toss everything together, turn the heat off and it is good to go!
Serve it up family style or right along side any simply cooked meat or fish.