Horseheads kitchen fire leaves family displaced
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
HORSEHEADS, N.Y. -- A man is burned and a family of five is displaced after a kitchen fire in Horseheads. According to officials, they were called to the fire on Fairview Road just before 9:30 p.m. on Saturday.
When crews arrived, they found a man in the road with multiple burns to his arm and hand. According to firefighters, the man was deep frying food earlier and thought he turned the burner off. However, the burner was left on high.
Officials said the man was burned when he tried to put the fire out. He was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and released.
Nobody else was injured, however, the kitchen and attic sustained heavy fire damage and rest of the home had smoke, heat and water damage.
The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.