Faulty extension cord sparks house fire
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse firefighters said one person was injured after fire broke out multiple times at the same house on Rich Street. The original call came in at noon, but flames rekindled a second time later on Saturday afternoon.
Firefighters said more than a dozen people lived at the house. One woman was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene, but nobody else was hurt. However, a dog and a cat living at the house died.
The local chapter of the American Red Cross is helping the victims. Investigators said a faulty extension cord sparked the flames.