Chimney fire spreads to home
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
BROOME COUNTY, N.Y. -- Six fire departments responded to a house fire in Broome County.
It happened around 5 p.m. Sunday afternoon along Hancock Road in Sanitaria Springs.
Flames spread from a chimney to the house.
One person was inside. That person was able to make it out in time. No one was injured.
One room sustained heavy damage, but officials say the home will be salvaged.